Re: Elastic energy

Janek Kozicki said:     (by the date of Mon, 5 Jul 2010 01:26:08 +0200)

> where U_tot is shearDisp. I may be wrong, though - just an idea.
> The graph is still  wrong, but it looks a little bit better.

yes.. I know that this is wrong. But maybe we could identify what
assumption is wrong if we find the answer: why with this modification
the graphs are better? The plastic dissipation doesn't go through the
roof, but actually looks like an averaged value of what it should be.

Did you notice that kinetic energy becomes too high just after the
friction angle is set to 25?

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |