Re: PSD triaxial

> In many situations, it would not change the result. In many others, it would
> be stupid. You can also consider different inertia in gravity engine and
> Newton (density scaling), so that small particles have the correct
> _weight_, but increased inertia in Newton's law. It increases dt while
> maintaining everything correct at static equilibrium.

Bruno, I would need your advice concerning density scaling. In the triaxial
adopting HM contact law, choosing silicates' stiffnesses and using a strain
rate say around 0.1 is causing a very slow simulation process and I need to
work around that.
I see two possibilities:
1) density scaling as you suggest (also done by Thornton and so on), keeping
the strain rate at the real value (right?);
2) real density of the material but increasing as much as possible the
strain rate.
I would go for the second case, but I fear to loose the quasi-static
equilibrium condition. Is there any algorithm which would prevent me to fall
in the dynamic case once increasing the strain rate? Or the only way is to
keep an eye on the unbalanced force during the triaxial phase?

Cheers, Chiara