Re: Compare Experimental and Numerical

Hi Benoit,

>>It's called "Young" modulus because it defines the Young's modulus of
>>the packing (modulo a constant factor)...
>>
> Ok I just didn't understand why it's called "Young Modulus". So the
calibration work could be defined as finding this "constant factor".
> Anyway, I'll just call it "stiffness", it's perhaps more
appropriate...

It is called Young modulus as it is Young modulus of one
contact/bond :-) maybe we can rename it for "normalModulus" or something
like this.. "stiffness" is not a very good name neither, because
stiffness of one contact/bond/link should have physical units N/m, while
the modulus (what it should be) has N/m2.. The Poisson ratio is even
more confusing, it is a ratio between shear and normal
"stiffness" (modulus actually :-), so it has no physical correlation
with continuum Poisson ratio, maybe even here should be done some
renaming..
Thanks for reporting these inconsistencies :-)

regards