Re: [Question #658938]: Modeling presence of water( a degree of saturation) in consolidation test

Swapnil posted a new comment:
Thanks Bruno :)

1) . I would recommend  to  have it written along with the explanation
of StressMask in the section for  Triaxial stress controller. That would
be the best spot for people to understand the usage clearly.

I actually had a question in mind but forgot it mid-way. Will write as
soon as I remember.

3) In a standard 1D oedometer test, the top plate is loaded and the sample is drained/undrained (from top/bottom).

a) I can see the spheres growing in size. I am not sure if they are doing so with the expulsion of water from the pores ( because I cannot visualize the fluid phase in the simulation. I guess Yade does not include that yet).
Going by the concept of soil mechanics, should the volume of the solid particles not remain constant? Why do the spheres have to change their volume. It should only be the total volume of the sample that would change with the consolidation occuring. Am I getting something wrong :) ?

b) Could you please try running the script. I am unable to figure out the issue with the plot. It isn't updating.