Re: Evernote/Footnote-like UI change?

Hi Jaap & Adam,

Been lurking for a long time on this group. I used dokuwiki for quite
a while as well as wikidpad - and about 6 months ago decided that Zim
had just about the perfect balance of what I needed/wanted, and that
the additional features I was looking for (wiki syntax for tables and
header folding) were already in the plans...

One of the things I liked about Zim was the simplicity of the
interface, so I initially reacted unfavorably to Adam's suggestion.
Having said that, though, I warmed up to the idea after monitoring the
thread and pulled-down Jaap's prototype childview plugin.  I really
like it.

One of the more ambitious things that I did in dokuwiki is set up a
reference repository with about 200 or so references.  Each reference
got its own sub-page and was linked from the "master" reference page.
Each sub-page had all the bibliographic data for the reference along
with the abstract and some "metadata" that I cataloged using tags.
The master reference page had the article-page title, author(s) and
year of publication.  Dokuwiki has a great plugin that can dynamically
build tag-specific tables - so culling the reference list to generate
a table of links on a particular topic or date range was a really nice
feature.

The potential that I see in your plugin for something like a reference
list would be that I could expand the master reference page to include
all of the sub-page content in order to browse the reference database,
or - if I understand Adam's vision for this capability - filter the
set of tags so that only the articles on a certain topic are presented
in the list for expansion.  If this is in-line with your vision - I
agree: it would be a great feature to have!

Jaap - thanks for all of your work on a great tool.  Adam - thanks for
a great suggestion.

- Kurt