Re: Multi user?

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:47 AM, <hansbkk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am of the opinion that just like version control, Zim is best served by
> hooking into third-party best of breed tools for specialized functions like
> this. DokuWiki for example tries to do this, but I would turn it off if I
> could, as I keep my DW source files in VCS. If the bzr hook functionality
> were extended to work with other DVCS, and simply allowed the user to point
> to his preferred diff/merge tools, I think that would be better than trying
> to code this functionality into the program itself.

FYI there is a branch being integrated with Git and Mercurial support. A
lot of the stuff you write about is actually being developed, so please
have a look at the archive and the code base before jumping to another
email.

Also the draft I revere is about resolving conflict in a generic way - this
is the plumbing to integrate such tools with a nice GUI.

We are not trying to do the version control, diffing, merging ourselves.
But we need a mechanism to show the user when merging failed.