Re: Call for user cases ?

Am 02.03.2012 08:53, schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> This bug has a real-life example:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/585300

Dotan, I think the problem is that what you are labeling a "data loss" issue is no data loss issue at all. In your example, the data is displayed without the "**", because these are interpreted as "bold". But the "**" are still there in the text file, nothing is lost.

If you do an ordinary copy of that example snippet, the "**" will not be copied, but if you copy as wiki syntax, and paste it into an editor, the "**" will be pasted as well.

You can and should also surround such code snippets with triple quotes, then they will be treated as verbatim blocks.

This has all been pointed out on the bug tracker, so I don't understand why you're still talking about "data loss".

-- Christoph