Re: Example Notebook...

I keep a daily log. For 'Nouns' you could either use tagging (which I personally don't prefer) or a common way of referencing categories of these nouns. For example, for referencing a few people, you could type :People:John_Doe or :People:Jane_Roe. Zim would produce the directory 'People' automatically and entries for John Doe and Jane Doe. Searching for ':People:John_Doe' would automatically show all mentions of John Doe, as would the backlinks on his page. Another nice thing is that if you change the page to which they're pointing, the links should update automatically - maybe instead of :People you want John_Doe to now be in :People:Business_Contacts. Find-replace all would also work because the reference is unique.

I use a Projects page every day like this -  :Projects:Project1

The biggest downside I've encountered is that I haven't found a super easy way to use the gui to copy out backlinks into the documents themselves to make annotations for a given reference or project day. Right now I do all of that manually.