Re: Bounty for folding

Thanks for the reply,  J.A. -

I could draft a proposal, to be consistent with Jaap's framework for
bounties. If that would be acceptable, then I have two questions:

First, lists would be a clear choice for folding, as they can be
nested to any depth. Headings were also mentioned in your original
query:

>  I'd really like to see the addition of a plugin that would
> enable folding for lists and headings (both would be very welcome).

To clarify then, based on your latest reply: Would folding of Headings
be an additional feature request, with a separate bounty?

Second question, for both you and Jaap: Would it be feasible to set
milestones for implementing folding, starting with a working model?
This could help ensure that we're "on the same page" as work
progresses.

Specifically, Zim already has a built-in secondary view, which might
be useful as a testbed: From the File menu, "Open in New Window"
displays a work-in-progress toward multiple views. (It's read-only for
now, though fixing that is mentioned in the docs.)

That New Window might be a safe place to develop folding, while
preserving the current main window. Once folding works as agreed in
this testbed view, it would be straightforward to merge it into the
right-hand pane of the main window.

Looking forward to your replies, and hope to submit a proposal soon.
Marc Paul Rubin