Re: zim usage of linux threads

Jaap thank you for taking the time to look into this.

I also have the feeling that this has to do with filesystem's change notifications.

While zim became a very important part of my everyday's actvity, there are days worse than others, and today is one of these: I have been editing files in zim's tree (not necessarily zim's pages, rather files attached to zim's pages) quite a lot (and no FTP!), and here we go:

bash: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
bash: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
bash: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

I am continuosly running the following command to keep track of what's going on:

$ while true; do exec ps -u mario -To comm | sort | uniq -c | sort -n| tail;ps -u mario_bezzi -To pid,tid,class,rtprio,ni,pri,psr,pcpu,stat,wchan:14,comm|wc -l;sleep 10; done

and this is the result (showing only the major contributors:

      5 nautilus
      5 totem
      7 gnome-keyring-d
      8 spicec
     12 taskldr
     23 dropbox
    ... ...
    629 zim
   1017 Total

Which means that at the moment zim is using 629 threads driving the total very close to the limit (1024), and from time to time to the limit, which causes the fork failure.

This is RHEL 6.5 with current maintenance. I would like to help gathering diagnostics if I only knew how.

Hints?

Thanks again,
mario