Re: zim usage of linux threads

Hi Mario,

Just checked it on my own system. Just running one notebook in stand-alone
mode I get only 2 threads, the main thread + one for the thumbnails in the
attachment browser. When running with background daemon I get ~5 threads
(they show up as "python" in the list, not "zim" so not sure exactly which
belong to zim and which don't). I think this is because we use the
"multiprocessing" library, which uses a few threads per process for process
communication.

So nothing weird there, although more extensive testing would probably be
needed to be sure I can not duplicate your result.

As to what may be causing it, somehow the ftp process must be pinging the
zim process. Maybe the filesystem starts notifying zim of file changes?
Should normally not happen if the ftp transfer goes to a different folder,
but not sure what could be happenign on that layer. Just a wild theory.