Re: Footnotes - any workarounds? future possibility?

I think a footnote functionality would be awesome, or even better a plugin
allowing integration with Zotero like what is done for Word or LibreOffice
(adding a special markup to link to specific footnotes), this would be
perfect for research lab notes.