Re: Zim alternatives?

Preach. I've been trying to put my finger on what it is about Zim, and my best guess is that it's because it's somehow both ultra-flexible because it's text based (so you can hack the underlying data with scripts to your hearts content) but also resilient (it's REALLY hard to "break" it while doing the above). Most everything else is either less flexible (because, say, it doesn't store as plaintext) or if it's more flexible, it still breaks too easily if one character is out of place (lookin' at you, org-mode.)