zim as site creator - crazy idea

Interesting stuff on "zim as a site generator" Broadly, I get what people are saying about the "intent" of jekyll, but as a bit of an old-timer, I'm inclined to go with what I like, especially having seen many intended projects underperform "unintended" ones -- Wordpress may be the perfect example of that, probably one of the best CMS' that did not start out as one.

Anyway, to my crazy idea:  I'm the creator of the eight-five-zero remix html template and I'm about to try to create a comment system compatible with and created in zim as a template, in php, designed for ultra-simplicity. As in: Flat file, no sql, single page with comments stored in an "adjacent" text file and "included" or otherwise parsed by php into the page. Similar to (and perhaps based on) the below project.

https://github.com/rosslagerwall/simplecommentsystem

Only additional thing I can see doing is a simple captcha as well.

Interested in thoughts (especially if anyone has tried or thought of anything like this  --mostly within the bounds of what I've described, I've considered MANY more complex alternatives but I want to see if this can be done simply, within zim.

John