Re: [Ayatana] How to handle multi-window launcher icons

Hi Christian,

I personally think that expose could be too much of a change for a simply roll over action. This doesn't mean that we can't give a clue from the roll over to make the click=>expose more predictable.

I'm not sure we're understanding each other here. When you mention expose there, are you talking about the same expose effect Unity does now when you click the workspace switcher? Or about the desktop spread I was proposing?

If you mean the latter, please bear in mind that I'm not proposing a full expose but merely a window preview, not unlike Compiz's alt+tab effect, which is much less intrusive than expose.

Also, when you mention click → expose, do you still mean the window spread I propose, or the actual app-specific expose that Unity does now when you click the icon of an active launcher?

Please let's try to use more specific vocabulary:
Also, can I ask if you have an alternative method to launch a second stance of a running app from the launcher? Or from dragging a file to a covered window? They were the two main points from my previous message (the latter being a BIG usability regression) and I really don't see a way to have them in the launcher's current implementations.

Cheers,

David.