Re: [Ayatana] Messaging Menu and the MeMenu

> Do you have any reason to think that's true? How does Chrome OS notify
> people of new mail? How does it notify people of new Twitter updates?

This is a little off topic, and complete speculation, but we can look
at Chrome's current direction to get an idea there. On the desktop, it
uses the new web notifications API. Chrome generates the popups itself
now; they stay at the lower right of the screen until you close them.
It also supports badges on extensions and on web app launchers for
long-term “you have mail” type stuff. I doubt it will be anything
spectacularly different (just simpler), but I continue to think badges
are a good idea :b

Dylan