calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: oeb2mobi ready for merge

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Kovid Goyal <kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1) Why is PalmDoc compression not the default?

It takes a reaaaally long time, like several minutes.  If/when we move
PalmDOC compression into C, I think it should be the default, but
probably not as it is now.

> 2) Do you mind if I change the verbose option of oeb2mobi to an
> integer to specify levels of verbosity. That way it will be compatible
> with the usage in html2epub and eventually the whole conversion
> toolset.

Nope, not at all -- I'd just duplicated oeb2lit there.

> Other than that, it look ready to merge. I haven't done any actual
> testing of the MOBI output, but that's what Mobileread is for ;)

Awesome.  I did just find one minor bug in my font-size normalization,
which I pushed up as one more revision in lp:~llasram/calibre/mobi2oeb.

And from your following e-mails:

> Should any2mobi disable splitting (including splitting on page breaks
> in the epub conversion? This will cause a significant speedup.

> oeb2mobi seems to be doing its own font size rationalization, in which
> case any2mobi should probably turn off font size rationalization in
> any2epub.

Aaaand yes to both of those.  Definitely good ideas.

-Marshall