Re: Google Motion Chart (Gapminder) connected to DHIS 2 report tables

Currently we're using the same client-script method (although we haven't
finalised our approach). FYI - the Gapminder sample data I presented used
google docs - a definate disadvantage to google client-script approach!

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Greg Rowles <greg.rowles@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hi Knut
>>
>>  Sorry to come into this conversation so late. The Gap-Minder software
>> seemed really powerful but it came with too many strings attached (we were
>> promised a free license but with a recurring data administration fee).
>> We've started using google-motioncharts instead. If there are any
>> developments on the use of their software though - I'll make sure you know
>> about it...
>>

> Thanks Greg.
>
> Have you made an integration of DHIS 1.4 and GMC similar to what I did with
> PHP, or do you upload data to a Google spreadsheet?
> Knut
>

>> Regards,
>> Greg
>>   On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Ok, I had not read this, obviously. Has any progress been made? Some
>>> thinking may be required on how to best integrate - I chose report tables
>>> because in a motion chart you obviously want to have more than one numerical
>>> variable (i.e. a crosstab of indicators or data elements). It would make
>>> sense to relate this to the current JFreeChart options. And also make all
>>> charting possibilities readily available from other places in DHIS 2, such
>>> as from data entry, since people would often like to visualize what they
>>> have just painstakingly entered.
>>>
>>> We certainly should look at offline caching possibilities. But I don't
>>> think it is a showstopper to have to be online either - we have many users
>>> who are. Here is a range of other interactive charts we should evaluate for
>>> suitability:
>>> http://www.amcharts.com/ (not FOSS, but free with a small logo, works
>>> offline)
>>> http://chart.inetsoft.com/gallery.html