Re: New installer available: Testers wanted

> Lets not put BIRT in, we have Jasper, if people want BIRT they can download
> and install it separately, its quite big...

Fine, but I need it here, and this was the original reason for the
installer, so I will have another version with BIRT.

>> 2) A "lite install" allowing the user to download and manually
>> install, with H2. . Footprint is around 60 MB.
>
> This sounds good to me. I am envisioning this range of downloads:
>
> A. Cross-platform Live package
> (DHIS 2 Live with H2 as we have it today, no installer)

Well, we can build multiple native installers for the Live Package. it
is just an extra line in the Pom. If we need a multiple platforms
(Mac, Linux, etc) we can build it during the installer build. Of
course, people can just grab the zip file if they want, but BitRock
can build for multiple platforms.

> B. Windows on-line installer
> Similar to your 2. alternative.
> C. Windows off-line installer.
> Similar to your 1. alternative. A dedicated Java sounds like a good idea.
> Can we achieve this simply by setting JAVA_HOME "temporarily" while starting
> DHIS? I guess Bitrock allows for this..?

BitRock can do this, but it may influence other programs. Could the
Launch4j wrapper be used for this, or maybe an alternative environment
variable?

> D. Linux debian package
> Bob's deb as we have it today.

BitRock can also produce a RPM, Deb packages (somehow) but I have not
looked at the details. We might consider rolling all of this up into
BitRock at some point, but it is good to have the deb installer as
well.

Regards,
JPP

Jason P. Pickering