Re: New installer available: Testers wanted

I am just chatting with Knut on this.

I think the better solution would be in the Launch4j exe, where we can
specify a path to the JRE with the <path> directive. We could do the
same for the launch.sh script on Linux. Jetty is called by the
Launch4j wrapper, which accept these parameters.

  <jre>
    <!-- Specify one of the following or both -->
    <path>bundled JRE path</path>
    <minVersion>x.x.x[_xx]</minVersion>
    <maxVersion>x.x.x[_xx]</maxVersion>
    <jdkPreference>jreOnly|preferJre|preferJdk|jdkOnly</jdkPreference>
    <!-- Heap sizes in MB and % of free memory -->
    <initialHeapSize>MB</initialHeapSize>
    <initialHeapPercent>%</initialHeapPercent>
    <maxHeapSize>MB</maxHeapSize>
    <maxHeapPercent>%</maxHeapPercent>
    <opt>text</opt>
  </jre>

So as long as we bundle the JRE (which sounds like what needs to be
done) then everything should work just fine. It will just increase the
size of the install by about 15 MB.

Maybe Lars or Bob could comment, but this seems like the solution to me.

Regards,
JPP