Re: Define week start day for Weekly periods

Dear Lars,

I don't know how many week types are out there but I assume the most common
combinations are diffrent start days of the week + the number of days
"needed" in the "new year" to qualify this week to the "new Year". The most
common will be the same rule like for ISO weeks, 4 days in the new year
will determine that this week belongs to the new year, OR  1 day touching
the new year is sufficient to qualify for the new year.

For weekly data you would of course like to see (e.g. on a charts or
tables) Week 53 Year 2010, Week 1 2011 ....
For this to happen the information needs to be stored in DHIS / or
calculated on the fly which week is a specific date (e.g. start date of the
week).
It would be best if for weekly collected data there could eb the option to
dislpaly by "date" or by Week-Year (Week 53 Year 2010, Week 01 Year 2011
...)
For the aggregation  the data could also be aggregated - e.g. for the Year
- there would be the possibility to choose aggregation by WEEK-YEAR or the
actual dates.
The WEEK-YEAR aggregation would make sense to show the total for the
different Years.
The "date" manipulation would be needed for e.g. time series analysis ...

The configuration of the start and end date and the week + Year is of
course possible with a static table(s) which can be filled for several
years in the past and in the future.
Nevertheless the question of course reamins how this can be handled in the
anlysis  / aggregation.

I hope ther are some ideas how this can be implemented as I don't want to
that this is the reason to take DHIS.

Thank you,

Joahnnes

Johannes