Re: Emails not being sent

Hi Bob,

I just installed 2.15 build 15196 and it managed to solve one aspect of the problem. Email recovery now works.
Two additional lines show up in the log after the "recovery message sent" line

* INFO  2014-07-28 18:33:08,739 Recovery message sent for user: xxx (AccountController.java [TP-Processor8])
* INFO  2014-07-28 18:33:08,851 Sending email to user: xxx with email address: xxx@xxxxxxx (EmailMessageSender.java [SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor-76])
* INFO  2014-07-28 18:33:08,931 Email sent using host: aaaa.bbb.com with TLS: false (EmailMessageSender.java [SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor-76])

However, email messages are still not being send via the message module, even though the recipients all have "Enable message email notifications" checked.
No lines concerning messages appear in the log. Should message be sent immediately or is there a scheduler for this?

Ryan

From: Bob Jolliffe [mailto:bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: vendredi 25 juillet 2014 13:29
To: WILLIAMS, Ryan O'Neil
Cc: dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Emails not being sent

Yes you are right.  I see lars added it on 20 May.

Though I see that the change was backported to 2.15 in rev 15054.  If you upgrade your war to the latest build of 2.15 (available from https://apps.dhis2.org/ci/job/dhis-2.15/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/dhis.war) you will find that the email from_address setting has been added.  It might be your other problem is addressed as well.

Regards
Bob