Re: Debian/Ubuntu Repositories

Hello,
Sorry for coming back to a thread we previously discussed, but the
situation for the libumfpack4 library in Debian testing seems to have
come to a halt.
I still cannot install dolfin from the repositories and trying to
force a different version of libumfpack4 may give rise to other
problems (Scipy and God knows what else depend upon this library).
I emailed the maintainer asking whether the situation is going to
change and if the newest version is going to be uploaded into testing
soon, but I have had no reply yet.
Although this is not really the job/responsibility of anyone on the
list, are there any suggestions? I would like to use precompiled
binaries instead of building from source and using CVS, but I cannot
switch to Ubuntu simply for this (even if it was only because I cannot
afford the time to re-install everything on my work laptop for a
software I want to learn how to use for "personal development").
Many thanks

Lorenzo

$ sudo apt-get install libdolfin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  libdolfin: Depends: libumfpack4 (>= 4.4-3)
E: Broken packages