Re: Changing the name of Pantheon Terminal

I suppose it's something we should bring up in the Council for discussion
and a decision. We've talked about it before, but never decided on anything
specific.

To be honest, the "cool, unique names" have their place and can be
beneficial, but in the end you have to be sure that the user's experience
comes first. I guess I also just really don't see the need to brand a
terminal app; it feels like an unnecessary action (change for the sake of
change), something we typically try to avoid. In addition, "Terminal" is
typically the name for the system's terminal app and users will probably
expect it to be called that. On the other side, I'm not really
*entirely *against
it; it's a power user app and they will probably be able to find it.

I'd be interested in hearing feedback from Dan and others, though. And like
I said, we can discuss the issue specifically (along with the broader topic
of genericizing app names) in the next Council meeting this coming weekend.

Regards,
Cassidy James