Re: Moving Away From Ubuntu

Hi all:

My two cents: in my opinion, the semi rolling release is a good idea, but not to change the whole base system. Recreating thousands of packages is not a task that can be done in an evening, so I think that Debian should be used as base system. Maybe define a "fixed, non-rolling" base system, which is updated each, let's say, 6 or 12 months, and other package group as rolling, kept always updated.