Re: Other languages? (Was Re: Congratulations Luna developers!)

The HIG is independent of the language you use, but it partially depends on Granite, so if you want to use a language other than C or Vala, you might need to mess with bindings.

Official elementary apps will only use Vala (and some legacy C) because it makes it much easier for us, but that doesn't mean you can't use a different language for your 3rd party app.

And the guide on the website is targeted at people who want to contribute to elementary (i.e. official apps) so of course you need to know Vala.

Also, could it be we got slightly off topic?