enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: why all the windows stuff? lets move on from legacy integration and do new cool stuff

Pawel,

I agree to all of your points...but here a problem that I have. My company
started to cooperate with two public organizations in Greece in order to
change all their infrastructure from windows to Ubuntu. These organizations
are autonomous meaning they decided to change, they don't follow the public
sector which using windows (by contract). That means they have
to collaborate with all the others. That means we want it or not we need to
be compatible with windows. The problem I have is a little of bit off topic
of what we are discussing and is that Libre Office have a lot of
compatibility issues with ms  office. My point is that for now we cannot
avoid the trouble at least to some cases to try to work alongside with
windows ecosystem. I see that all here have more experience than me so
any suggestions are very appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike