Re: PLEASE STOP !!! - Re: [geda-user] Apollon

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 05:05:12PM -0400, Evan Foss wrote:
> > I had been waiting for responses of members of this list. None of them,
> > besides you and Peter, has answered directly the proposed questions, and
> > even your answer was indeed a question. So, as I see it, that voting has
> > not taken place.
>
> Sorry yes I vote for the plan. I thought the vote was just for the
> founding people/people who committed in the near recent past.
Sorry, I don't understand, what plan are you voting for.
No, I asked all the people already subscribed to the developer list.
I thought (probably mistakenly?) they all have developer's privs in our
repos.

> (For all DJ's talking about this being the list for people with commit
> privileges because I don't think I have them to the gEDA repo.)
That's is what I don't understand. I've always thought people in the dev
team already have developer privs in one of our repo.

> I guess DJ obtained because he is really more on the PCB side than gEDA.
I don't understand this either. We are talking about gEDA as a whole
project, not about its parts. Why we should separate them here? Do our
strategies differ?

That is why I've talked about integration vs. separation of gaf and pcb
projects before. I'd prefer more integration.

> > Please consider my previous answer (about "majority") a joke.
> > I understand my position is overwhelmingly minor and I'm biased to agree
> > with you wrt having xorn in the geda-gaf repository.
>
> You have a bias but I was overboard about pointing it out. Sorry.
Please could you say all this using other words, I really don't
understand your English here. Thanks.

> > Thank you Evan,
>
> :)
>
> > and thank you all developers for your input.
>
> It is frustrating that they are all ignoring this. I guess we could
> import the people we were talking about adding and then put it to
> another vote but that feels electioneering or rigging the ballot box.
>
> I think we should just adopt the plan and move forward.

Agreed. That might be a document we could refer to if we had some moot
points.

Thanks,
  Vladimir