Re: Kicad build fails with Boost 1.34 (documentation

Resending to the list. Sorry, I send it first only to Philip

well, we have more missunderstanding... please bear with me untill the
real question bellow :)

Philip Axer escreveu:
to make it even easier for you to download all files use this command:
It will automatically download all deb files from the given url:
wget --no-parent -A.deb -r -nd http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/b/boost1.37

My hole point from the start id to NOT install the whole *stupidly big*
package...

not the package is broken!
libboost-serialization1.37-dev depends on libboost-serialization1.37
(the one is not working without the other)
you also need to download the other package!

Yes, I explained (tried to) that I know that if I install the other
package it works... The problem is that *it should not install* it there
is a dependency.

=> So THE QUESTION: how do I make dpkg not install if it is not ok?????

Thanks for you patience (I just hope that you have a little left)

Alain
PS: I just compiled kicad with those 3 files and it works, so now the
problem is just how to make sure thar DPG behaves as expected