Re: Improving usability of KiCad

On 10/13/2010 2:20 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 10/13/2010 12:59 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

>>> Dick, we doesn't want that US will change its metric system, nor begin a lesson
>>> of metrology.
>>> Scientific international system is MKS, wxDC has also calls that returns
>>> millimeters, the greatest part of the world population uses a metric system,
>>> ISO 31 says the same,  don't you find those be good reasons to switch the
>>> internal metric system to a metric one ?
>>>
>>> Mr Spock could say in this occasion: the many outweigh the needs of the few.
>>>
>> Marco,
>>
>> Wrong Spock!  Dr. Spock was one of the first child psychologists to write a
>> parenting book which unfortunately a lot of parents bought into.  He naively
>> believed that you could raise healthy well adjusted adults by coddling their
>> egos as children by telling them how wonderful they were even when they
>> weren't.  This had the adverse effect of creating several generations of adults
>> who feel entitled to everything without doing anything.  These are the adults
>> who are always complaining about how unfair everything is.  This parenting
>> method was the antithesis of the old school parenting method of corporal
>> punishment (spanking) and demanding that children tow the line.  Thankfully, my
>> parents didn't subscribe to the Dr. Spock method of child rearing even though
>> he published his book around the time I was born.  I'll get off my soapbox now.
>>

> No reason to.  Wayne for president!

Thanks for vote.  I highly doubt that I would be electable.  I had to quickly
delete your post about the education system before I lost my mind.  I have a 13
and a 16 year old so this one cuts close the bone.  I have sat on several
committees and can tell you that dealing with school administrators ( read
bureaucrats ) is less than rewarding.  In all fairness I am currently involved
in a committee where the parents (see my "It's not fair" comment above) are a
bigger problem than the administrators.  Go figure.

> You should at least start your own newspaper or blog, PLEASE!

I'll call it "The Uncommon Sense Gazette" because common sense is an oxymoron:)

Wayne