Re: OSX developer help.

On 02/09/2011 05:24 AM, Jerry Jacobs wrote:
> On 02/09/2011 04:46 AM, Richard Tobias wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I only work with OSX and Linux and am willing to do some testing.  I
>> have a newbe to bzr issue.  I can not figure out how to get the absolute
>> latest version out of bzr.  I've been using svn for years, but can not
>> figure this out.

I've been using this little script to automate the "get the latest code,
build, and install" process, which I run maybe once a week (more often
when the awesome devs talk on the mailing list about cool new things
they've added):

matthew@broderick:~/Installers/kicad$ cat update_kicad.sh
#!/bin/bash

cd kicad.bzr/
bzr update
cd build/
rm -rf *
cmake ../
time make -j 4
sudo make install

cd ../../
cd kicad-library.bzr/
bzr update
cd build/
rm -rf *
cmake ../
sudo make install

To check out the two source trees that I need (main code, and the parts
library), I did something like this:

cd ~/Installers/
mkdir kicad
cd kicad
bzr checkout lp:kicad kicad.bzr
bzr checkout lp:~kicad-lib-committers/kicad/library kicad-library.bzr

I've found that doing a "bzr checkout" is more reliable and more along
the lines of what I want to do than "bzr branch", since I don't have
write access to the main repository. I can still make patches to submit
to the mailing list.

Hope this helps,
Matthew