Re: Strange eeschema behavior at zoom 0.7

Le 31/03/2011 21:38, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
On 3/30/2011 3:57 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
Le 30/03/2011 19:49, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

Seems Window specific (I did not see any problem under Linux Ubuntu 10.1).
Tested with wxMSW 2.8.11 and 2.8.12
But with wxWidgets 2.9.1, no problem.
Unfortunately wxWidgets 2.9.1 creates other issues.

Jean-Pierre,

What are problems with 2.9.1, and are they MS Windows specific?

On Windows, if we do the full CMakeList.txt file build I have been
advocating, this would entail using External Project to build wxWidgets too,
we can apply patches to wxWidgets before building it.

Dick

In fact, there are very few and very minor issues, but one.
The annoying one is related to floating point separator.

When the floating point separator is a comma instead of a point, an annoying
behavior happens.

Gerbview displays always floating numbers (coordinates in status bar for
instance) using a point.
Pcbnew seems OK.
The most annoying issue was seen with Eeschema.
When starting Eeschema, the schematic editor displays floating number using a
comma (this is OK)
But depending on what dialog was opened (or after opening Libedit),
sometimes schematic editor displays floating number using a point, after
closing the dialog.
This behavior depend on Eeschema version.

For instance, previously, when opening and closing Libedit (nothing else is
needed),
eeschema revert to a point, but for now this behavior does not happen.

And for users, this behavior is very inconsistent.

And if your are entering (in a dialog) coordinates with the bad separator (that
changes sometimes),
floating numbers in the dialog are not correctly converted.
(I must say I did not have a look to this issue, that should not occur,
  because inside Kicad, users should use a comma or a point as separator,
  whatever the current locale uses)

I did not noticed this issue with wxGTK.
I'll try to build Gerbview using latest svn wxWidget version (2.9.2) ASAP.

JP,

Your fix doesn't isn't quite what I expecting.  I thought you found a solution
with the blitting or the scroll bar position to solve the problem.  Removing
the zoom factors that result in non integer scaling factors will likely
generate some complaints.  Your fix als has the unfortunate side effect of
calculating a best zoom value that causes the page to be truncated if the
window size is not an even ratio of the drawing size.  I'm sure someone will
file a bug report against this.

Wayne

I was thinking this ugly workaround was working.
But you are right, there are many zoom values that do not work (I did not noticed these values).

I'll work on it these newt days.
If you find a better fix before I find a working workaround, please commit it.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS