Re: Reorganization and QC of kicad library

Hello

I am a user of KiCAD but not a developer. I have to say that something MUST be done about the libraries. I find for example parts with non standard pinouts (like TO92 or TO220 parts with inverted pin numbering) and if I edit on one computer and then open the project on another computer I loose my mod and is messes up the nets and so one. please please do something about this. It would be nice if a project would include it's own library of modded parts that I've moded so that each time i have to reverse pins on a footprint to make the layout work it keeps them so or there is a risk that designs get completely ruined. I keep my project on a memory stick and have KiCAD installed at home, on my laptop and at work (so that I can work on my projects during lunch) so I really have a problem here and others will too.

Another thought, is it possible to make KiCAD a "portableapp" ?

Simon