Re: New Pcbnew file format.

Some salt on the popcorn?

Regarding net classes handling... Flexible automatic design rules would need "differential net classes" that means different rules for a net depending on surrounding nets.

As an example I'll explain the problem of a traditional power electronics half bridge circuit:

HV----                 400V     10A

Gh--|<                0-415V   1A        0 < V(Gh)-V(Sh) < 15

Sh---------> Out    0-400V   10A

Gl---|<                0-15V     1A

GND------>          0V          10A

HV net needs "power" class clearance and width towards all nets as does Out. Sh needs "power" class clearance towards all nets, but Gh and width according to "control" class. Gh needs the same, but "control" clearance towards Sh. Gl needs "control" class clearance and width.

Curently this system is unrealisable using KiCad DRC. I propose adding a "potential class" description to net class design rules to address this problem.

-Vesa