Re: Kicad preference questions

On 05/11/2012 07:44 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 05/10/2012 02:34 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
>> Le 10/05/2012 18:21, Moses McKnight a écrit :
>>> In the new designs, when you add a symbol, does it have a tag telling which library it came from? Currently if two libraries have
>>> a part with the same name, the part will be pulled from the library that is listed first in the list. If the part on the schematic
>>> had a tag for the library it came from, things would be a lot more flexible.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Moses
>> This is false, in fact things would be a lot less flexible.
> We are all entitled to our opinions.  I think the current design is broken, and the
> ambiguity of which "partname" is chosen, is a bigger problem than any you mention below:

I should also mention that ALL parts are always in the parts list with the new design.  So
the need to move parts from one library to another is significantly reduced.  But I agree
that the problem you mention needs to be addressed.   I think this can be done with search
and replace on the parts_list.  There will be no need to do this on the schematic
component per se, since they are only references into the parts list.

Dick