Re: Kicad preference questions

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 07:49:54AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> I should also mention that ALL parts are always in the parts list with the new design.  So
> the need to move parts from one library to another is significantly reduced.  But I agree
> that the problem you mention needs to be addressed.   I think this can be done with search
> and replace on the parts_list.  There will be no need to do this on the schematic
> component per se, since they are only references into the parts list.

Libraries are an useful convention... however if some tagging is
employed even a common list is useful anyway. I don't actually use the
library browser a lot, I usually pick the part by name.

Anyway, without libraries how do you handle bulk part import/export? Or
you simply merge all the files in a single list?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl