Re: Footprint Wizard Farnell/Eagle.scr/Ultra librarian, and scripting, how to integrate

On 08/10/2012 03:45 PM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> Well, I think Edwin idea was a little different at the moment, his
> idea was making a footprint wizard that would receive the farnel part
> number as a parameter, it would fetch the .scr file via REST API, and
> then show it in the preview window.
>
> It can be an interesting concept, in fact it's good for Element 14, so
> they shouldn't complain, may be the opposite.
>

> Later, when this is done, it could be ported back to PLUGIN.

Again, this SCR is a script, not an eagle XML footprint per se.  It only becomes a
footprint in memory as the script is executed in Eagle, and then a true Eagle footprint
when saved as XML.

You would not want to stuff the script parsing code into EAGLE_PLUGIN::FootprintLoad()
because it is reserved for a true eagle footprint, in XML.

Another PLUGIN could be written, but why if its in python already?