Re: KiCad Developers

Thanks Richard.  This was interesting.

I see your work product as useful.  I am still thinking that the footprint management
process, which is applicable on the way to your organizational destination, can be improved.

They are two topics, and are not mutually exclusive in any way.

I've made my point quite concisely, belaboring it only dilutes it.   The EESCHEMA -> CVPCB
-> PCBNEW work flow design probably assumed too much about what was achievable in the way
of footprint libraries.

Chips are coming out so fast now, expecting perfect footprint libraries has proven to be
faulty.

EESCHEMA -> Make/Select Footprints -> PCBNEW is more like it.

Dick