Re: Experiments and considerations for more layer

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 05:29:12AM -0600, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:
> See my other note.  Just remember what layers things are on instead
> of messing around with bitmasks.  So, when you place pin 1, you place
> it in the cells occupied by its shape and clearance, and place it (by
> reference) in the front, inner1, inner2, back copper, silk front, mask
> front, assembly front and assembly back layer sets.

Now I got it. You keep a 'by layer' index of entities. It's a good
solution, I agree. However when loading/saving/editing a pad (or
computing the netlist) it's way more handy to have the list of the
layers a pad is on, so I'd keep it around in the pad (not necessarily
a bitmask, see other message).

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl