Re: (component) device description data file format specification - request for participants

08/04/14 23:19, Wayne Stambaugh kirjoitti:

> You are little late to the party (3 years).  Here is the original
> discussion which should take you a few days to digest.
>
> https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg06358.html
>
> I have also attached both the schematic and component (part) library
> preliminary file format specifications (they are actually commented
> files rather than a tradition spec document) for you to take a look at.

Thank you Wayne for taking time to explain.

I very well remember that, being subscribed from 2008 and most of it in
my own archives too. I'm just pointing out that we may have to continue
from that before it gets forgotten, maybe also refining a bit on the way.

Making a specification and taking some time to read what's already there
will probably help and won't hinder the development anyway. With the
current pace of development or specification writing I'm not expecting
too bloody race. CERN guys may bring some valuable insight for big designs.

-Vesa