Re: Library Convention

Le 22/04/2014 18:58, Vesa Solonen a écrit :
> 22/04/14 19:54, Lorenzo Marcantonio kirjoitti:
>
>> I don't see a problem, just draw the ISO symbols large as 'two' kicad
>> units per module. Or the 50 mils size is something more magic than
>> simply the currently biggest grid in eeschema?
>
> Just pointing out that for consistency all pins (and border) must fit on
> 100 mils grid without any (multiple of) 50 mils offset. 50 mils is
> reserved for symbols internal use. Oh, it would be fine to add 100 mils
> grid to Eeschema too.
>
> -Vesa

Why "without any 50 mils offset"

Most of schematic symbols are using a 2 logical units (100mils) spacing,
which is good.

When you have a symbols (like an AND gate) which have 2 inputs, and if
you want to put them at location
(x, 1 logical unit), and location (x, -1 logical unit),
the best choice is grid size = 1 logical unit, and pin spacing is 2
logical units.

Most of components are using 2 logical units pin spacing, and the best
grid is 1 logical unit.
Many gates ( and op amps ) are using 4 logical units pin spacing, and 6
logical units for the pin length, and I am thinking the symbol is too
big, at least for gates.

grid size < 1 logical unit is useful only to draw body outlines and
place texts (fields like ref, value...)

Please, think in logical units, not in mils.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS