Re: Config file relocation (new patch)

On 09/03/2014 06:17 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
On 9/3/2014 5:05 PM, Moses McKnight wrote:
Hi Wayne,

I'm not sure now if that is where they should go.  I looked a little
through past emails here and apparently things such as libraries,
modules, etc are in subdirectories in ~/Library/Application Support/kicad

Another thing I noticed is that the function I found to make it easy to
put the config files there was not in wx2.8, so I don't know if we want
to use it.  The function is wxStandardPaths::UseAppInfo(
wxStandardPaths::AppInfo_None );  and that allows me to use
wxStandardPaths::GetUserDataDir() without wx putting the program name at
the end of that path.

Hold off on using that just yet.  The consensus is that we need to use
wx3 due to issues with wx2.8.  Although wx3 is not without it's own
issues.  I need to fix our FindwxWidgets to handle versions.  Once this
is done I will commit that change, force the wx version to be >= 3, and
make an announcement on the mailing list that wx2.8 is no longer
supported.  I'm sure there will be some whining but it needs to be done.

Will do. I'm still not clear on the most preferred location for the config files on OSX - it sounds like either place would work fine.

It looks like updating the install_xxxxx_fp-lib-table locations in the cmake file is trivial as well, I'm not sure where to submit a patch though?

As soon as I have a definite answer on the best location in OSX I'll try and wrap this up. The last patch I sent should be good if ~/Library/Preferences/kicad is good.

Moses