Re: emacs switches to Git

If I thought for a second that a large number of our primary
developers were going to exit the project because we weren't using
git, then I would pull the trigger right now.  I seriously doubt that
bzr is much of a sticking point for most developers.  If this is not
the case (all you primary developers and you know who you are),
please let me know so I can make an informed decision.

Sure your current crop have settled with the workflow, but there will be
developer turnover. Therefore there is a need to attract new developers.
Because I think we all want the project to grow, and be long lived, and
achieving that is all about reducing barriers to entry.

And I admit that I'm not a Kicad contributor yet. Though I have
contributed to quite a variety of other projects, including software in
the area of electronics. So I feel like I have some outside perspective
on this, and I've got a bit of experience comparing what works well
between different projects. Hence why I raise the issue.

I'm not saying it has to be solved in the short term, if people are busy. But I would advocate doing something about this in the medium term.

Joel