Re: How to handle KISYSMOD on the windows installer?

On 4/8/2015 3:30 PM, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08.04.2015 14:38, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>
>> It will have to be fixed by modifying config.h.in so that you can
>> specify the DEFAULT_INSTALL_PATH when configuring the build instead of
>> always defining it as ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}.
>
> That is likely to break, because the default installation path depends
> on whether we're installing on 32 or 64 bit Windows, even if we use the
> "internationalized" names provided by junctions in the filesystem layer.

32 and 64 bit builds are completely separate so configuring the correct
default install path should not be an issue.

> I think it'd make more sense to just add a Windows-specific code block
> that pulls the installation path from either the executable location
> (which Windows tracks because the DLL load path is relative to it), or a
> registry entry.

The last of the windows registry code was removed from kicad not that
long ago.  I'm not about to add windows registry code back into kicad.
Now that the path configuration dialog exists, changing these paths is
trivial.