Re: How to handle KISYSMOD on the windows installer?

Hi,

On 08.04.2015 22:23, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

> 32 and 64 bit builds are completely separate so configuring the correct
> default install path should not be an issue.

I'm not sure that the path is the same when installing a 32 bit build on
64 bit Windows as when installing it on 32 bit Windows.

> The last of the windows registry code was removed from kicad not that
> long ago.  I'm not about to add windows registry code back into kicad.

Right. Would it make sense to make the default relative to the running
executable?

> Now that the path configuration dialog exists, changing these paths is
> trivial.

Trivial, yes, but an extra step still, and a source of errors if an old
version is installed in the default path, a new version somewhere else,
and the new installation uses the old libraries by default.

   Simon