Re: How to handle KISYSMOD on the windows installer?

> Hi,
>
> On 08.04.2015 22:23, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>
>> 32 and 64 bit builds are completely separate so configuring the correct
>> default install path should not be an issue.
>
> I'm not sure that the path is the same when installing a 32 bit build on
> 64 bit Windows as when installing it on 32 bit Windows.

I made it such that it will install to %PROGRAMFILES% and
%PROGRAMFILES64% depending on the platform. I currently is a bit
broken, since it will install even as non admin, which will install
some files to windows VirtualStore.. whatever that is.  I need to make
the script escalate the privileges.

>> The last of the windows registry code was removed from kicad not that
>> long ago.  I'm not about to add windows registry code back into kicad.
>
> Right. Would it make sense to make the default relative to the running
> executable?

If it is possible to add a separate registry key for "default library
path" from the installers only, I think this would be better. This can
be used for a seperate installer system where the kicad exes are one
installer and the libs are another. It seems like people would like an
installer without the burden of the libs at download.