Re: pcbnew: DXF export missing Line option

On 4/12/2016 3:29 AM, Johannes Agricola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/11/2016 11:10 PM, easyw wrote:
>> Anyway @ Nick, if you can reach the person who needs this feature, you
>> can tell him/her to contact me... I have some workaround to export
>> pcbnew drawings to DXF; moreover my kicad StepUp script could be slighty
>> modified to import the drawings in FreeCAD and the directly manipulate
>> those or export to DXF...
>> but those are just workaround
> I am the one who asked about this in the IRC channel. So far the best I
> came up with was to reduce the line size, delete half the lines and live
> with the small error. ;)
>
> Let me at least add the use case, though: One of our EMS providers wants
> the board outline as DXF for panel planning. They accepted the
> outline-style drawing for now, but it will require manual intervention
> at their end. I would prefer being able to provide that drawing.

Submit a patch or a merge request with your changes.  I expect the
current behavior to be the default and the line output to be the option.
 If you haven't done so, please look at the KiCad coding policy before
submitting your changes.  Also, consider your changes carefully.  Rather
than attempting to mash together the old DXF line plotting code with the
current DXF plotting code, consider creating a separate DXF_LINE_PLOTTER
object instead.  I don't want a bunch of conditional code in the current
DXF_PLOTTER code.  You may have to factor out some of the common DXF
plot code and create a DXF_PLOTTER_BASE class that you can use to derive
DXF_PLOTTER and your new DXF_LINE_PLOTTER class.