Re: mode openGL issues after latest updates

Hi Orson,

> If I call SetCurrent() only when the current context is different than
> the requested one, I will still need to change the current context if
> another window has changed in the time period between closing window and
> calling its destructor. It means that we will still get occasional
> asserts, even though things work fine.

That's true, it will not solve that cases, I am hopping that we can workarround and try to make the destroy before the other windows is show.
That's why I started to try to implement object->Close() and implement the OnClose event. try == it looks still it will not work on all cases.

> In wxWidgets examples they do not need to set context, as there is only
> one, so there is no chance OpenGL calls might be invoked in a wrong context.

I was wondering also my suggestion may broke things OnPaint if other (non KiCad) ? applications are running at same time using OpenGL?
If yes, in that case so we may need a special lock for the destroy.
:S What a puzzle..

> BTW. I do not see the asserts, I am wondering if there is a better
> implementation in newer wxWidgets. Which version do you use?

libwxbase3.0-dev 3.0.0-2 (trusty)
Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa 64-bit
Kernel Linux 3.19.0-32-generic x86_64
MATE 1.12.0

I can only catch it running on debug (I am using QtCreator for that)
I am not sure what could be other differences..

It would be good if you can experienced it.

Regards,
Mario Luzeiro