Re: Joy of multi-platform development

If you don't have yet fun enough with joys of multi-platform development, I
can give you more. Throw in different national keyboard layouts and it gets
complicated.

For example, I use Finnish layout in Kubuntu. The hotkeys editor in
Preferences of pcbnew shows characters } and { as bind to
Increment/Decrement Layout Transparency. But those characters don't work.
In Finnish layout they are produced by AltGr+7 and AltGr+0. I can rebind
those with Set Hotkey dialog, by pressing AltGr+0/7 there. But after that
the Preferences->Hotkeys shows them as "Ctrl+Alt+{" and "Ctrl+Alt+}", which
is wrong regardless of the logic used. However, they work with AltGr+0/7.

Toggle Highlight of Selected Net is bind to ` (backward single quote or an
accent mark) but in this specific layout it's a "dead key", i.e. pressing
Shift+that_button_which_has_that_character doesn't actually produce that
character before another key has been pressed. Rebinding to that same key
combination doesn't work at all.

Version: (6.0.0-rc1-dev-254-g7fa5456d7), debug build
Libraries:
    wxWidgets 3.0.3
Platform: Linux 4.13.0-46-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Build Info:
    wxWidgets: 3.0.3 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) GTK+ 2.24
    Boost: 1.62.0
    Compiler: GCC 7.2.0 with C++ ABI 1011

Eeli Kaikkonen