Re: 5.1

Hi Seth,

On 10/22/18 11:50 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> Hi Orson-
>
> This looks very nice.  It works well for me with scripting off on Debian
> Stretch.  I had some issues with scripting on that I haven't encountered
> with the master branch but I suspect that this is a gtk2/3 issue because
> I can't see any scripting-related changes in the branch.

What are the issues? I agree that most likely culprit is gtk2/3 mix, but
I would rather be sure that I have not broken anything else. Since now
we are not bound to gtk2 anymore, I will add a patch to link KiCad
against wxWidgets version delivered with wxPython.

> BTW, the WorldUnitLength fix is a good bug find!  Does that need
> updating in Eeschema GAL as well?

You are right, I will update the constant as now bitmaps in eeschema are
not scaled correctly. IMHO the bug was not that serious, it has been
there since the GAL origin and I am sure we still would not have noticed
if GAL::DrawBitmap() had not referred to GAL canvas DPI.

Cheers,
Orson